01 02 03 Genderqueer Chicago: Passing for the effeminate trans guy. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Passing for the effeminate trans guy.

34
"If you’ve been out for more than a month you’ve probably heard the standard passing tips. They haven’t changed since I came out and I’m pretty sure they were old even then. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if they date back to when the first group of butches figured out that they were actually straight guys.

Now, there’s nothing wrong with these tips really, they’re just not the greatest if you ever want to wear something other than baggy stripped polos and cargo pants. Me, I couldn’t handle that. I figured if I was going to come out I should at least be able to wear what I wanted. Some guys are cool with sacrificing personal style for passing ability until they start T, I’m just not one of them. This is for all the guys who feel the same way."

Check out the tips here.

35 36 37 38